Supporting Our Communities
Grace continues to make significant financial and volunteer service contributions to the communities where we operate around the world. Members of the Grace family donate hours, ideas, and effort to improve community health and safety, education, the environment, civic leadership, and much more. Many programs and initiatives develop organically under the leadership of more than 3,700 Grace employees in their own communities, while others are in response to requests.
Through the Grace Foundation established In 1961 and through engagement with our operations around the world, Grace supports charitable organizations and educational institutions to enhance the wellbeing of the communities where Grace employees live and work. The company matches, dollar for dollar, personal gifts made by our employees to accredited secondary schools, community and junior colleges, four-year colleges and universities, and graduate and professional schools.
FOCUS: STEM EDUCATION AND BASIC NEEDS
Grace contributes to programs and projects that improve the quality of life in the most meaningful possible ways. Our focus is on STEM education and basic needs, such as food, shelter, first aid, and healthcare. We also support health and human services organizations, as well as civic, environmental, and cultural programs. Support is provided to organizations based in areas where Grace has a significant employee presence.
Deciding which organizations and causes to support is always difficult. Here are evaluation criteria used in reviewing requests for funding.
- Non-profit organizations (501 (c) 3 status in the United States)
- Operate near a Grace facility
- Provide basic needs (i.e., first aid, shelter, food)
- Support education opportunities, especially related to science, technology, engineering, and mathematics (for students or teachers)
- Support environmental or safety outreach or training
- Align with Grace communities (i.e., community center renovation, landmark preservation)
- Have a Grace connection (such as employee volunteers)
Applications for annual grants are accepted online through November 30 of the previous year. Final decisions on grant requests are made early in the grant year. If you would like to submit an on-line application, click here.