In 2005, the Lake Charles facility earned membership in the prestigious "Star" Voluntary Protection Program (VPP) of the Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA), an official recognition of exemplary occupational safety health. Less than 1% of the worksites in the United States share this distinction.
VPP Star Members achieve average injury rates that are generally 50% lower than other worksites in their industries. Because of a safety-first atmosphere and outstanding health and safety programs, the Lake Charles injury and illness rate has been more than 75% below the national average for the chemical industry. In 2014, the Lake Charles facility was recertified by OSHA to maintain its "Star" status
The Lake Charles facility achieved certification to the Grace Environment, Health and Safety Management System. The site also holds numerous other awards, such as:
- Responsible Care® Energy Efficiency Awards and Environmental Impact Award from the American Chemistry Council for water, energy and natural gas usage reductions.
- "Star Among Stars" Award, Occupational Health Administration
- SAFE (Serious About Fostering Excellence) Award, Louisiana Chemical Association, Best in Louisiana 2004 & 2005, Most Improved Award - Class III Site 2008 & 2012
- Distinguished Partners in Education, Louisiana Department of Education, 2004
- CAER Achievement Award, Chemical Manufacturers Association
- Award of Commendation, National Safety Council
- Start! Fit-Friendly Company Awards from the American Heart Association for creating a culture of wellness