The World Leader in Process Catalysts
We produce and sell catalysts and related products used in refining, petrochemical and other chemical manufacturing applications. The Grace Catalysts Technologies business segment includes three main product lines:
Our Refining Technologies product line includes:
- Fluid catalytic cracking, or FCC, catalysts, that help to “crack” the hydrocarbon chain in distilled crude oil to produce transportation fuels, such as gasoline and diesel fuels, and other petroleum based products;
- FCC additives used to reduce sulfur in gasoline, maximize propylene production from refinery FCC units, and reduce emissions of sulfur oxides, nitrogen oxides and carbon monoxide from refinery FCC units.
Advanced Refining Technologies
Advanced Refining Technologies® (ART) is our joint venture with Chevron Products Company in which we hold a 50% economic interest. Its products include hydroprocessing catalysts that are used in process reactors to upgrade heavy oils into lighter, more useful products by removing impurities such as nitrogen, sulfur and heavy metals, allowing less expensive feedstocks to be used in the petroleum refining.
Our Specialty Catalysts product line includes:
- Polyolefin catalysts and catalyst supports for the production of polypropylene and polyethylene thermoplastic resins, which can be customized to enhance the performance of a wide range of industrial and consumer end-use applications including high pressure pipe, geomembranes, food packaging, automotive parts, medical devices and textiles;
- UNIPOL® proprietary gas phase polypropylene process technology for the production of a broad range of polypropylene products.
- Chemical catalysts used in a variety of industrial, environmental and consumer applications;
- Catalysts and adsorbents for the efficient conversion of renewable feedstocks to fuels and chemicals.