Information We Collect About You and How We Collect It
Grace collects several types of information from and about users of our website, including information:
- by which you may be personally identified, such as name, postal address, e-mail address, telephone number or any other identifier by which you may be contacted online or offline ("personal information"), and/or
- that does not identify you personally, such as information about your internet connection, the equipment you use to access our Website and usage details.
You are not required to provide personal information as a condition of using our site. We collect personal information only when you provide it to us, for example, in order to provide you with a product or service that you requested, when you submit an invoice electronically to our Accounts Payable group or reach out to us using the "Contact Us" feature on this website.
Other, non-personal information is collected automatically as you navigate through and interact with our website and is sent to us directly by your web browser or collected through cookies and other technologies. This information does not personally identify you and is used solely for improving the services we offer and the functionality of our websites. The technologies we use for this purpose may include:
- Use of web analytics – Grace uses industry standard web analytics to anonymously analyze internet web visits to evaluate visitors' use of our website, recognize you when you return to our Website, estimate our audience size and usage patterns and to generally deliver a better and more personalized service. Our web analytics service collects IP addresses in order to provide us with information on where site visitors are in the world and collects a history of pages viewed on our Site but does not collect information on other internet sites you visit that are outside of our site. We do not publish your IP address to others.
- "Do Not Track" Signals - Grace does not track website visitors to its websites to provide targeted advertising and therefore does not respond to Do Not Track (DNT) signals.
What Do We Do with the Information We Collect
Grace uses your personal and non-personal information that it collects to present our Website and contents to you and to provide you with information, products or services that you request from us, including providing you with marketing and other emails if you have requested these communications. Visitors who have requested marketing emails from us and no longer want to receive such communications may communicate that request to us by clicking on the "opt-out" or "unsubscribe" link provided at the bottom of our marketing communications.
Sharing and Location of Information We Collect
Grace is a multinational organization, headquartered in the United States with entities in over 40 countries, and may share your personal information within and among those Grace businesses, our subsidiaries and affiliates. In addition, we may share your personal information with contractors, service providers and other third parties that support our businesses and perform services on our behalf, such as companies that deliver email marketing emails that you have requested from us. Grace will not and does not sell your personal information to non-affiliated third parties.
- To a buyer or other successor in the event of a merger, divestiture, restructuring, reorganization, dissolution or other sale or transfer of some or all of Grace's assets, whether as a going concern or as part of bankruptcy, liquidation or similar proceeding, in which personal information held by Grace about our Website users is among the assets transferred.
- To comply with any court order, law or legal process, including responding to any government or regulatory request.
- If we believe disclosure is necessary or appropriate to protect the rights, property, or safety of Grace, our customers or others.
- For any other purpose disclosed by us when you provide the information.
- With your consent.
We may disclose aggregated, non-personal information about our users without restriction.
Protection of your Information
Grace is committed to protecting the security of your personal information. A variety of security technologies and procedures are used to protect the confidentiality, integrity and security of your personal information. To prevent unauthorized access, maintain data accuracy, and ensure the appropriate use of information, Grace has put in place appropriate physical, electronic, and managerial procedures to protect the information we collect.
More information on data protection for customers, interested parties and business partners of W. R. Grace & Co. in accordance with the European Union General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) is available here.
Corresponding information for our suppliers, service providers, dealers and business partners can be found here.
Links to Other Websites
Grace does not knowingly collect information from children and does not target or direct its websites to children. We do not collect, process or use on our website any information relating to an individual whom we know to be under 13 years old without the prior, verifiable consent of his or her legal representative. If we become aware that we have inadvertently received personal information from a visitor under the age of thirteen on our Website, we will delete the information from our records.
We retain personal information for as long as is necessary for us to perform a service that you have requested or for which you have given your consent, except where otherwise provided or required by law.
Assistant General Counsel - Global Privacy
W. R. Grace & Co. – Conn.
7500 Grace Drive
Columbia, MD 21044