SYLOID® Silica Pharmaceutical
Our SYLOID® FP silica (silicon dioxide) has been widely used and trusted for decades by the pharmaceutical industry as an excipient and processing aid. The material's unique mesoporosity, adsorptive capacity, density, and greater internal surface area provide advantages over fumed silica (colloidal silicon dioxide) and offer multi-functional benefits to formulators. SYLOID® FP silica grades are engineered to deliver a range of properties and can act as an effective stabilizer, protectant, desiccant, disintegrant, anti-tacking, and/or anti-caking agent. Advanced applications such as oil adsorption, carrier, and liqui-solid can be achieved with SYLOID® XDP silica. Additionally, Grace offers SYLOID® G silica specifically designed for cost effective glidant in generic pharmaceutical formulations. All Grace SYLOID® silica products are a synthetic amorphous non-crystalline form.
Grace's silica excipients are made according to Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP) guidelines and our compendial materials meet the requirements published in the latest editions of the United States Pharmacopoeia-National Formulary (USP-NF) for Silicon Dioxide, European Pharmacopeia, and JPE monographs. SYLOID® silicas are also listed on the FDA inactive ingredient database.
Drug Delivery Technology
SILSOL® drug delivery technology provides solutions for poorly soluble active ingredients. It is based on a compendial silica that is fully scalable, giving pharmaceutical developers new options to enhance bioavailability of poorly soluble BCS2 compounds, especially during early research and discovery.
Our expertise in materials science and our long history in the pharmaceutical industry is evident in the innovative solutions and technical expertise we can provide. Grace works with our customers to develop and scale up the right materials for specific formulations. And our committed R&D and technical support teams' comprehensive understanding of industry-specific processes and issues ensure you receive the maximum value from our products. We can help you select the right SYLOID® silica product for your application.
|SYLOID® FP Mesoporous |
|SYLOID® FP mesoporous silicas are the ideal choice for many pharmaceutical formulations due to its unique morphology to help improve the handling, adsorption, and the dissolution of many pharmaceuticals.|
- Effective desiccant to increase the stability of moisture-sensitive APIs
- Efficient conditioner for powder formulations used in suspensions
- Capillary wetting agent for better release and disintegration
- Contribution to the controlled release of active pharmaceutical ingredients (API)
- Low dusting and easy to handle
|SYLOID® XDP Silica |
|SYLOID® XDP silica carrier is an optimized mosoporous material engineered for transforming liquids to free-flowing solids, particularly oily actives, and lipid-based systems.|
- Solid carrier for lipid-based drug delivery systems
- Transform liquids to easy to handle solids
- Improve bioavailability of oily actives
- Increase API loading in solid dosage forms
- Release API's quickly and completely from solid dosage forms
- Create liquisolid formulations
|SILSOL® Silica for Drug Delivery Systems||SILSOL® silica was engineered to bring together advanced silica technologies with challenging active pharmaceutical ingredients to help more effectively formulate large class of poorly soluble but otherwise promising compounds.|
- Enhanced bioavailability - through delivery of the amorphous form of drugs
- Stability - amorphous solid dispersions prevent crystallization/re-crystallization
- Pharmacopeia acceptance - GMP manufactured silica
- Scalability - Grams to tons quantities
- FDA Compliance – Materials listed in FDA inactive ingredient database