SYLOID® mesoporous silica excipients are the intelligent choice for many pharmaceutical formulations due their unique morphology. The combined adsorption capacity, porosity, particle size, and greater internal surface area allow it to provide several benefits simultaneously that can help minimize the number of excipients required, expedite manufacturing, and improve efficacy of the final dosage form.
SYLOID® mesoporous silica gels have been widely used for many decades within the pharmaceutical industry as excipients and processing aids. They are manufactured to meet global monographs and are referenced in the United States’ FDA’s inactive ingredients database. and are specifically cited in numerous drug patents due to their unique properties that improve the handling, adsorption, and dissolution of many pharmaceuticals.
Today, Grace's materials science expertise is unlocking the potential of silica in novel Drug Delivery applications with SILSOL® silica, to convert liquid APIs into free flowing powders and to develop techniques that stabilize amorphous solid dispersions either solvent-based or solvent-free methods.
|SYLOID® FP Mesoporous |
|SYLOID® FP mesoporous silicas are the ideal choice for many pharmaceutical formulations due to its unique morphology to help improve the handling, adsorption, and the dissolution of many pharmaceuticals.|
- Effective desiccant to increase the stability of moisture-sensitive APIs
- Efficient conditioner for powder formulations used in suspensions
- Capillary wetting agent for better release and disintegration
- Contribution to the controlled release of active pharmaceutical ingredients (API)
- Low dusting and easy to handle
|SYLOID® XDP Silica |
|SYLOID® XDP silica carrier is an optimized mosoporous material engineered for transforming liquids to free-flowing solids, particularly oily actives, and lipid-based systems.|
- Solid carrier for lipid-based drug delivery systems
- Transform liquids to easy to handle solids
- Improve bioavailability of oily actives
- Increase API loading in solid dosage forms
- Release API's quickly and completely from solid dosage forms
- Create liquisolid formulations
|SILSOL® Silica for Drug Delivery Systems||SILSOL® silica was engineered to bring together advanced silica technologies with challenging active pharmaceutical ingredients to help more effectively formulate large class of poorly soluble but otherwise promising compounds.|
- Enhanced bioavailability - through delivery of the amorphous form of drugs
- Stability - amorphous solid dispersions prevent crystallization/re-crystallization
- Pharmacopeia acceptance - GMP manufactured silica
- Scalability - Grams to tons quantities
- FDA Compliance – Materials listed in FDA inactive ingredient database