At Grace, we strive to create value for our business partners as well as our customers, in a safe and healthy work environment in compliance with all regulatory requirements. We recognize the vital role vendors and suppliers play in helping us meet the needs of our customers, so we seek to foster healthy and mutually beneficial supplier and vendor relationships. Our robust supply chain spans a global, diverse supplier base built upon solid, long-term partnerships.
Worldwide, we work with thousands of direct and indirect suppliers to help us deliver quality products, maintain our competitiveness, and manage our costs. We collaborate with our suppliers to reduce end-to-end supply chain costs through joint initiatives and we keep communication lines always open. We leverage technology and promote the use of e-commerce tools to enable efficient business processes and achieve results faster.
We are a global specialty chemicals and materials company committed to creating value for all our business partners. Product quality, safety, and customer service are an integral part of our culture.
We recognize that the relationship with our suppliers is critical to our success. While we strive to maintain successful long-term strategic partnerships with our suppliers, we also expect very high standards from them.
In our suppliers, we look for the following capabilities:
- Product quality and competent service: To meet the high quality standards we pledge to our customers, we require the highest quality products from our suppliers. In addition, we stress the importance of capable processes and systems in achieving consistent product quality. Hence, we team up with suppliers to improve processes and bring a high level of visibility to product quality.
- Vibrant management: In today's fast changing business environment, we expect our suppliers to be responsive and able to adapt to market conditions. Moreover, we insist that our suppliers have good information system capabilities, so they can integrate them with Grace systems and leverage technology for mutual benefit.
- Global capabilities: Grace has manufacturing locations around the world. It is highly desirable for our suppliers to have a global reach in order to help achieve consistency in products and services.
- Commitment to the environment, health, and safety: Safety is of utmost priority at Grace. It is embedded in our day-to-day work culture. We expect our suppliers to be committed to the environment, health, and safety, as well as have dedicated teams and structured programs to work on environmental and safety improvements.
- Ethics: Complying with the highest ethical standards is a core requirement in working with Grace, as further described in our Supplier Code of Conduct. Please see the Code of Ethics section of this web site for more information.