Uniquely functional excipients
Imagine what you could do working with a partner who can engineer products to your exact specifications and minimize the number of excipients and complexity of your formulation, while expediting manufacturing and improving the efficacy and stability of your API's final dosage form or nutraceutical product.
Our SYLOID® mesoporous silicas and PERKASIL® silica have unique combinations of particle properties.
We can fine-tune parameters such as pore volume, pore diameter, pore size distribution, and internal surface area to modify the functionality and meet your exact requirements.
- SYLOID® AL-1FP/63FP silicas control trace amounts of moisture and moisture transfer from the surrounding environment which can degrade APIs or cause reactions that negatively impact drugs or decrease shelf life.
- SYLOID® G silica for glidant applications is specifically designed as a cost-effective glidant in pharmaceutical formulations.
- SYLOID® 244 FP silica is a real multi-purpose excipient that can be used in all oral dosage drug forms and for tablet coating. It offers moisture protection, anti-tacking properties, and acts as a glidant and suspension aid.
- SYLOID® XDP silica carrier is an optimized mesoporous material engineered for transforming liquids into free-flowing solids, particularly oily actives and lipid-based systems.
- PERKASIL® precipitated silicas serve as anti-caking and free flow agents for vitamins, flavors, and fragrances. They are available in a range of grades to meet a wide variety of nutraceutical formulation requirements.
Trust our renowned quality and exacting standards
Learn more about our uniquely functional excipients
SYLOID® FP mesoporous silicas are the ideal choice for many pharmaceutical formulations due to its unique morphology to help improve the handling, adsorption, and dissolution of many pharmaceuticals.
- Effective desiccant to increase the stability of moisture-sensitive APIs
- Efficient conditioner for powder formulations used in suspensions
- Capillary wetting agent for better release and disintegration
- Contribution to the controlled release of active pharmaceutical ingredients (API)
- Low dusting and easy to handle
SYLOID® XDP silica carrier is an optimized mesoporous material engineered for transforming liquids to free-flowing solids, particularly oily actives, and lipid-based systems.
- Solid carrier for lipid-based drug delivery systems
- Transform liquids to easy to handle solids
- Improve bioavailability of oily actives
- Increase API loading in solid dosage forms
- Release API's quickly and completely from solid dosage forms
- Create liquisolid formulations
SILSOL® silica was engineered to bring together advanced silica technologies with challenging active pharmaceutical ingredients to help more effectively formulate a large class of poorly soluble but otherwise promising compounds.
- Enhanced bioavailability - through the delivery of the amorphous form of drugs
- Stability - amorphous solid dispersions prevent crystallization/re-crystallization
- Pharmacopeia acceptance - GMP manufactured silica
- Scalability - Grams to tons quantities
- FDA Compliance – Materials listed in FDA inactive ingredient database
SYLOID® mesoporous silicas have been trusted solutions for drug formulations for decades and have a unique combination of properties.
Our SILSOL® silica active ingredient delivery technology accelerates the screening and development of solubility, with the added benefit of doing so with compendial, scalable, and available silicas.